1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren’t anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously so that you could be anonymous now?
I started off blogging anonymously and I had two reasons. Firstly, I was a little nervous of what reaction I might get. I wanted to get settled into my blogging voice before I went public about it. The second reason was that I have a presence on the web related to my paid employment and I wanted to keep the two separate. I still use BoudicaM as a pen name for some things but it is less anonymous than it was.
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
Inner stubborn side? My stubborn side is quite outer, thank you. And it most often shows itself when people tell me what or who I’ll like. As in “you must see this film, you’ll love it”. Oh rly? I think not. I think you love it and want me to validate your opinion.
3. What do you really see when you look at yourself in the mirror?
Umm, I see me. Which is too much to explain in a couple of sentences. And I’m over the self-hate that makes you see a monster in the mirror (and it took a lot of work).
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Diet coke. With ice and lemon. All year round.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
I write. I play computer games, watch movies, read, meditate. Look at LOLcats on the interweb. I take a lot of time for myself. And I want MOAR.
6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life?
Oh gods yes. I want to publish a novel. And then another one. And then some more. I want to read all of the books in the world. I want to perform Raqs Sharqi. I want to learn how to use a broadsword. I want… to do so much. And I’m sure there’s stuff I don’t even know about that I will want to do when I find out about it.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
School. Loved the learning, hated the socialising. I was the unpopular academic overachiever who never quite did as well as everyone thought she would and was rubbish at sport. I’ve never wanted children, but in the alternate universe where I did have them I am homeschooling.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
Poignant: a keen sense of sadness or regret. Yeah, there are few things. I don’t want to share them here.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
It’s not easy. This is a writing blog, not a personal blog, and while I like to do the occasional personal piece because, well, writing is pretty personal, that’s not what this space is for. Having said that, I think I have become more personal in my writing style (I guess that’s what voice is) over the time I’ve been blogging.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Read a book! Because it’s more better than most things. And I have phone fear. But actually, it depends who the phone call is with, and when I last spoke to them, and what mood I’m in.
Your turn! Leave me the link in the comments if you do your own.